Tuesday, November 02, 2004

If It Is To Be It Is Up To Me

I've heard that those are the 10 most powerful two-letter words in the English language. And it seems, at least in my experience, to really be true.

As I prepare tonight for a seminar I'm conducting tomorrow on personal accountability, I recognize that as I take those 10 words to heart, I become more authentic in my presentations and my words seem to connect with others in much more powerful ways all the time.

When I'm authentic in my words and actions, it's amazing how things come together in my life. As my favorite philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson said,

"When you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."

So often it seems people succumb to either the judge voice or the victim voice in their heads instead of being authentic and trusting their own knowing. Maybe listening and trusting our own knowing seems difficult because it's unfamiliar, but in the long run it's a much more fulfilling and rewarding life!

3 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I teach 3rd, 4th and 5th grade special education students. I use these 10 powerful two letters words to encourage them to take charge of themselves. No matter their reading level, they can read these words and understand the concept of "ownership".

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

I hadn't thought of this concept from the perspective of 3rd, 4th and 5th grade special education students before, so thank you for this viewpoint. I'm hopeful that our corporate leaders can learn this concept as readily as your students!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger t said...

I just heard those words in an amazing seminar two weeks ago. Really powerful, action-driving, words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home