Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Update on The 100% Factor

Well, I promised I would let you know what's happening with my book, so here's the latest.

For those of you who might not know about the book project, it's called The 100% Factor: Living Your Capacity. Here's a little bit from the back cover:

"How many of us can say that we are living our capacity? Potential is somewhere off in the future. But all we really have is today. So if we’re living in someday, we’re living in potential. The 100% Factor will inspire people at any stage of their lives to consider the opportunities they can create when they re-examine their capacity – and become mindful about how much of that capacity their choose to bring – to work, to relationships, to families."

And here's the latest progress: I have a cover design and I have an ISBN number! Jennifer Munson at 2 J's Graphic Design has done a great job with the overall look and feel of the book.

In addition, I've gotten endorsements from two of my favorite leadership authors: Lance Secretan and Steve Farber! You can peruse the links on the right to see two books from each of these guys on my recommended reading list.

Here's what they have to say about the book:

“The hunger to experience spirit in the workplace is gaining the force of a movement. The old story of leadership will no longer satisfy this hunger. Followers—employees—are coming to work with a new set of expectations. The 100% Factor provides a place where today’s capacity rather than tomorrow’s potential can become the basis for those new conversations.” - Dr. Lance Secretan, Author, Inspire! What Great Leaders Do and ONE: The Art and Practice of Conscious Leadership

The 100% Factor gives us a simple, inspiring method for turning conventional wisdom into effective practice. It doesn’t matter if you ‘know’ this stuff; the question is are you doing it? Jodee Bock will show you how.” -Steve Farber, Author, The Radical Leap: A Personal Lesson in Extreme Leadership and The Radical Edge: Stoke Your Business, Amp Your Life, and Change the World

Our buddy Phil has given me some great ideas for marketing the book, especially since he just got back from the Book Expo. Here's what Phil has to say about The 100% Factor:

The 100% Factor challenges us all to think about what our 100% is...and how we can best put that to use. With honest, easy to understand ‘reality checklists,’ this book is a must-read for all people envious of others. Stop living to others' capacity...increase your own! Read The 100% Factor today and use it to change your thinking and your life!” - Phil Gerbyshak, motivational speaker and author of 10 Ways to Make It Great!

I also have a "Coming Soon" site at www.100percentfactor.com. Right now it looks pretty sparse (and really small!) but as I get closer to getting the book done, that site will be updated with more information.

If you'd like to read an excerpt of the book and help me promote it, I would be eternally grateful! Let me know and I'll make it available to you.

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to help :o)

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jodee: please send me an excerpt. Sounds fastinating...

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thanks for your support, guys! Watch for a fact sheet to come your way shortly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home