Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Conversation With Someone Who Had a Conversation With God

I had to chance on Sunday to preview the upcoming movie "Conversations With God," based on the book by Neale Donald Walsch. Not only did I get a sneak preview of the movie, but I got to meet Neale (I was in the front row, as you can tell by the picture)! It was an amazing encounter. Neale is as genuine, gentle, authentic, and kind in person as I knew he would be from watching him in The Secret and also in the movie Indigo.

Conversations With God - The Movie was produced by Stephen Simon, the producer of the Christopher Reeve movie Somewhere in Time and the Robin Williams movie What Dreams May Come. Stephen is also the co-founder of the Spiritual Cinema Circle, which actually inspired the production of the Conversations With God movie. My good friend Troy introduced me to the Spiritual Cinema network about a year and a half ago, and I've been getting movies in the mail each month since then. Stephen Simon is a friend of Troy's, and Stephen was at the movie premiere with Neale, so I got to meet them both.

If you're a movie fan like I am, please consider checking out the Spiritual Cinema Circle. You'll see movies there that might not make it to the big screen, but which have amazingly positive impact. Also please go see Conversations With God - The Movie if it comes to your area. Take the entire family for a welcome break from all the violence and fear that permeates most movies.

4 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

I first read "Conversations" 8 years ago and it has brought me great peace and purpose. I look forward to seeing the movie later this year.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thomas: I really enjoyed the movie and I'm going to be seeing it again this weekend here in Fargo. Please let me know what you think when you see it.

The books have given me such a great perspective on so many things that used to really confuse and frustrate me. I agree with your comment about peace and purpose.

Thanks for visiting!

Jodee

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

I will, indeed, let you know. If I was stranded on a desert island and could only have one book, it would most certainly be "CWG" and, if at all possible, a survivor's manual. :P

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

watched the movie version of Conversations with God recently; Neale Donald Walsch makes a good point about having freedom to admit that he's not perfect so he can move on from where he is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home