Sunday, September 17, 2006

Radio Show Moves to 11 a.m. (Central)

For anyone out there who wants to follow my radio show, aptly titled "You Already Know This Stuff," we've changed to Sunday at 11 a.m. central at www.ndsu.edu/webradio.

Today's show was about a topic we all know something about: Fear. We talked about what might be holding us back - real fear or irrational fear. I read a couple of articles from Ezine Articles (one was mine). One of those is "What's Fear Have To Do With It?" and one is one I wrote there called "Leap And The Net (Or Someone's Arms) Will Appear."

I also found some really great songs to share related to the theme. Here was today's play list:

Rhythm of Life - Christina Applegate & Denis O'Hare from Sweet Charity
On A Clear Day - Barbra Streisand
Strength, Courage & Wisdom - India.Arie
It's In Every One Of Us - Dennis DeYoung

I read from Orbiting the Giant Hairball by Gordon MacKenzie about how we spend so much time de-geniusing kids in school and keeping them fearful of being what they really know themselves to be. Then I played

Flowers Are Red - Harry Chapin
Dare To Be Different - Cheryl Hill

Then I talked about someone we all know who had dreams of being courageous and knew exactly what he would do if he had courage. Then I played

If I Were The King of the Forest - Lion, from Wizard of Oz
Candle Song - Jon Anderson
Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw

And the show ended with a really great song by Jana Stanfield called "If I Were Brave." Click here to learn more about Jana.

Next week we'll talk about change and we'll have some music and inspiration to support listeners in getting beyond their preconceived notions about change and why it doesn't stick. Tune in and let me know what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home