Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stocking Up - or is it Taking Stock?

It's coming up on the end of another year ... don't worry, you still have more than a month to complete those resolutions you set for 2006.

This time just after Thanksgiving and before the calendar turns to December gives me a huge opportunity to reflect on all I'm grateful for this past year. As I take stock of my life right now I find that I am truly blessed; my business is booming and on the verge of growing, I have wonderful friends and a loving family (although there was an empty place at the Thanksgiving table this year without my dad who died in January). Despite the loss, this has been an outstanding year.

This past week I found a couple of really appropriate songs for my radio show (just a reminder that you can tune in over the web Sundays from 11 a.m. - noon (central time) at www.ndsu.edu/webradio). One is called "Thankful" by Jonny Lang and the other is "Grateful" by Art Garfunkel. I highly recommend both of them as reminders of all the blessings in our lives. If I knew how to do it, I'd post a clip of both of those songs here, but I don't know how to do that, so you'll have to check it out for yourself. Trust me - they're both fantastic!

In addition, I'm also stocking up as I received three different media packages in the mail today. One contained three new books: Zag by Marty Neumeier, The Happiness System for Women by Alexandra Watson and Trust Your Gut by Lynn A. Robinson. In a separate package I received a movie from my friend Tom Schaff called Emmanuel's Gift along with a book called Monday Morning Salescoach which Tom co-authored. Tom is highly involved in The Statue of Responsibility project which was inspired by Viktor Frankl. Tom told me that the story of Emmanuel is providing him with huge inspiration as he joins this project. The third package was Marcus Buckingham's movie "Trombone Player Wanted" which is sure to provide lots of new ideas and inspirations for my upcoming workshops and seminars.

I'm also grateful to be attending Dick Richards' Genius Workshop in Minneapolis this coming Friday and Saturday. I can hardly wait! I'll be sure to post reports from all these events and resources as I complete them!

Watch, too, for an exciting announcement about Bock's Office Transformational Consulting coming soon.

So much to take stock of - and to stock up on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home