Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursdays With Jodee - 4

Well, last week's question failed to create a dialogue opportunity, so I'll try again with a new genre.

This week's question for dialogue is:

What is your favorite way to spend time with friends?

As is my custom, I'll begin by giving you a couple of ways I would answer that question today. One is here on my blog. I've met SO many amazing people through this medium and have ended up talking to some of them on the phone and even meeting some in person (I'm actually looking forward to more opportunities for that in the future!).

As for my local friends, I love nothing better than meeting for a beer or a cup of coffee and just creating dialogue together. I'm not all that great at small talk anymore, so the most fun times for me are talking about the really important issues of the world.

I also love board games, movies and travel, and am looking forward to a vacation the week after next when I'll take some of my Spiritual Cinema movies and a game or two with me as a couple of friends and I head to Phoenix for a week of R&R. Ahh - now that's what I call an enjoyable vacation! (Of course, I'll take my computer, too, so I won't miss out on my blogging buddies, either!)

How about you? What is your favorite way to spend time with friends?

9 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Chris Brown said...

I love meeting with my friends on Friday morning 7:30 at Panera's. Those coffee conversations get me thru the week!
Chris

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Chris:

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend time! I wish we had a Panera in Fargo ... for now I'm content at my local coffee shops! Thanks for visiting!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Deb said...

there are a lot of things i love to do with my friends. attend concerts, community events like joining a photography club together, go to movies, go to dinner, grab a coffee.

but i absolutely adore going on hikes with my friends and our dogs. talk about "no small talk"! and we get some exercise, in nature, and the dogs have fun too!

all the best!
deb

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Craig said...

Definitely a place like Dunkin' Donuts or a Starbucks. The opportunities for conversation in those places are endless. We talk about big issues, but I've found we also rehash memories from the past (with some memories coming up in each of our conversations).

This sort of thing allows me to leave thinking, "And this is why I love these people as much as I do..."

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Deb & CB:

It sounds like we all have great opportunities to be reminded "why we love these people (or, in some cases, dogs and pets!). Whatever setting, it's so wonderful to be able to create dialogue and meaningful interactions with those we love! Thanks so much for visiting and joining the dialogue!

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer either going window shopping (or shopping), to brunch and a movie or sipping latte's at Starbuck's. If the money is temporarily low, then a dvd and our favorite snacks will suffice.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Saymorre: Those all sound like divine ways to spend time with friends! I am a member of Spiritual Cinema Circle so I'll take movies over to friends' houses when we can do that and it's a great way to invite dialogue because each movie (there are usually about 4 on each disc) has questions at the end to ask each other. Fun stuff! Thanks for your comments!

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to take a walk in a beautiful location and talk.

I like to get together and craft. Most of the talk is silly, but some deep hearted stuff comes out too.

I like to gather around a tastey cup of coffee and talk about what we've been reading and how it's impacting us.

Great site. I am encouraged to try some new things.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Susan: Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts. I love your ideas for having fun with friends! Please come back again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home