Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Big Thoughts for Today

OK, I've got a lot of BIG thoughts running around in my head today - I'll try to summarize.

The Summit for Bigger Small Talk is in place! I'll be asking some big questions here to get your feedback and input as we put more details in place, so be thinking about what would draw you to Fargo in June to connect with other Big Thinkers!

The questions we will be asking ourselves as we prepare for the event will be questions like "Who are you?" and "What do you want?" instead of "What do you do?" and "Is it cold enough for you?"

I had the pleasure of hearing James Ray last night in Minneapolis - now there's a guy who's dedicated to Bigger Small Talk! I learned about Harmonic Wealth - where the five areas of your life: 1) Financial; 2) Relational; 3) Intellectual (both mental & emotional); 4) Physical (both body & tangible "stuff"); and 5) Spiritual are in harmony (NOT in balance).

Here's a great quote James shared with us last night, from Corleone (I'm assuming it's from a Godfather movie, but I'm not sure):

"When an unconscious issue is not made conscious, it shows up outside of us as fate."


Another big thought which will lead to bigger small talk.

Lots more to follow as we work toward the Bigger Small Talk Summit in Fargo June 27-28. What would compel you to come to Fargo (other than meeting me and lots of other cool bloggers and big thinkers (and bigger small talk))? What would you like to see at this event? Let's create a BIG BUZZ around this event!

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodee,

Your questions appear to relate to questions Ayn Rand suggested (in a speech to West Point cadets) one would ask upon finding himself stranded on an alien planet.
1. Where am I?
2. How can I discover it?
3. What should I do?

Howard

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Howard:

These are perfect questions for the summit! They lead very nicely from thought to talk to action. I hope you will be able to join us, and maybe be a facilitator at the event in June!

Thank you for sharing these questions!

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quote you mentioned is a quote from Carl Jung. Not sure who Corleone is??? Anyway, just thought I would let you know! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home