Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bob Proctor here I come!

Well, it's Sunday morning here in sunny Florida, and I'm getting repacked to set off on my next adventure with Bob Proctor's Life Success Consultant training.

I've been in Florida since June 4 where I spent three days in Orlando at the TWI Summit (I was a presenter). Then I spent a day visiting my cousin and his family in Brandon (near Tampa), then one afternoon on a beach and a night in Palm Harbor (north by Clearwater), took the convertible across the state to visit my friend Sharon in Palm Beach Gardens (on the east coast) where I've spent the last two nights, and now I'm on to Jupiter Beach (not too far from here) where I'll be with Bob Proctor for the next six days! What a great adventure!

As I've been studying my material for the week, I've learned a lot already, so I can't wait to see what's in store for me for the rest of the week. I've learned about the distinction between my mind and my brain, and how many of us may have gotten those two mixed up. I understand how I've been conditioned to see the world through my five physical senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch) and to believe that's all there is to know, but how limiting that has been to my thinking ability. I realize that I have intellectual faculties which - as I learn to use and hone them - will help my thinking ability. I'm more determined than ever to figure out a way to bring this learning into schools so kids can develop their intellectual muscles just as physical education develops their physical muscles.

I write a lot about thinking ... and I even catch myself saying "I think" a lot ... but how much do I really think? As I reflect on my life, it seems that a lot of the actions I've taken have been pretty routine - pretty habitual - pretty determined by my conditioning. If I would really THINK and realize what I actually KNOW, I would be much better off. Hmmm ... developing intellectual muscles. How much better could I have been at my basketball career if I'd learned to think a bit more instead of just following the rules all the time.

So that's what I'm looking forward to this next week. I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home