Thursday, July 12, 2007

No Back Door

I'm thinking today about commitment, as I come off of my first session last night with my brand new master mind group studying the book Think and Grow Rich (see my book list on this blog for the version we're reading).

The term "master mind" came directly from Napoleon Hill's interviews with 500 of the most successful people during the early 20th century. In this book, he described the 13 principles to success he discovered during this research: desire, faith, auto-suggestion, specialized knowledge, imagination, decision, persistence, enthusiastic support, organized planning, the power of the master mind, the subconscious mind, the power of the brain, and the sixth sense.

Principle 11 is the master mind. There are many amazing things about master minds, not the least of which is that it costs you nothing but your commitment to it (which, for many people today is more valuable than money).

Which leads me to the title for this post. As I think more about commitment, I'm reminded of Yoda's sage advice: "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." For many of us there is only try. We seem to leave ourselves a back door - an out - when we step into a new realm of possibility. But what does that say about our level of commitment to our word - our future - our selves?

I think it was my friend Pam Thomas who told me about inhaling - breathing - in order to rise higher - to get beyond the current stress, pressure and worry that often includes that back door. If we inhale, we rise higher. We rise above the current. We can inhale awareness to float rather than sink, which is probably our more familiar place.

If we always do what we've always done, we'll always get what we've always gotten. If that's what we want, great. Keep doing it. But if we'd like new results, it's going to require new thought. And new thought leads to new action.

I'm going to be conducting master mind groups to study the book Think and Grow Rich here in the Fargo area. But I'm curious whether anyone might be interested in creating a virtual master mind group. It's a 10-week commitment, one hour per week. The only investment, besides our time, is the book (we study the version in the link on this blog).

How about it ... want to take the leap to bigger and better results in your business and personal life?

7 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger whatswithinu said...

My friend, you are one smart cookie and I learn so much from you -- thank you for the reminder that there should not be that back door. In order to grow and in order to live to our fullest potential we have to rise higher...amen to that! Count me in -- I would love to be a part of your awesome mastermind group. Thank you for offering it up. :)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Great, Pam! The mastermind will be awesome! Watch for details to follow. You're a great example of someone who demonstrates sealing up that back door. Thanks for inspiring me to Know "what's within me"!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Chuck Bartok said...

Jodee,

Congratulations on your Decision to form a Master-mind group.


We have been promoting this on our Live Talk Show, discussing Think & Grow Rich and The Master Key since October 2006.

Today's, July 12th, Episode has been hailed one of the Best regarding the REAL Impact of Local Master Minds.

Visit

http://focussociety.com

Down load episodes, share with your Groups and JOIN US LIVE!!!

Anyone of you group wishing FREE copies of T&GR and The Master Key
point them to

http://think2growrich.info

and
http://chuckbartok.info

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jodee,
I am interested in the mastermind group. I think that would be great! Thanks for getting it started.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Kristen & Pam:

Looking forward to figuring out the virtual mastermind. I'm seeing awesome things from my live ones.

Chuck & Shirley:

Thanks for the tips! I'll look forward to reporting the results!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger TC_Spaulding said...

Count me in...I'm currently in a mastermind group and am loving it. I'm posting about the results in my life as I'm changing my life and frequency. Feel free to visit me too as I learn and grow, I'm sharing...

http://tcspaulding.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

TC:

Count yourself in! I just need to know how to get in touch with you to give you the details! Please contact me privately and let me know! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home