Friday, July 06, 2007

Who Are You ... and other profound questions

I spent last weekend at a friend's lake home and there were many more kids there than I'm used to - so I found myself holing up in a spare bedroom to regroup and two songs made their way into my brain as I tried to find a minute of silent time.

The two songs were: "Who Are You?" by the Who and "Do You Know Where You're Going To?" by Diana Ross.

Wow - those are pretty profound questions, and ones I'm guessing many of us don't even consider in our lives.

If we don't know who we really are, or where we're headed, it makes life a lot more difficult as we become like tiny boats on a huge ocean, waiting for the wind to decide where we end up.

Really, it matters little who we say we are anyway. Who we really are - regardless of whether or not we even know - is what really counts.

So if we can answer the questions "Who are you?" and "Do you know where you're going to?" that's great. But even if we can't, the answers are still there. We really already do know the answer - we've just got to wade through the other stuff first.

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a redhead searching for the meaning of life and the best dark chocolate.
(Laugh)
I used to be a trainer for NAMC and The Royal Bank of Canada and found your bio interesting so I had to leave a post.
Hello from California.
Catherine, the redhead

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Catherine:

Thanks so much for stopping by! You might be interested in my radio show (you can tune in live on Sundays at www.kndsradio.com). I've played two songs in the past about the Meaning of Life - one is by Monty Python and the other is by Those Darn Accordians. Both are very interesting and help with that nagging question.

I can't help you with the dark chocolate part, however; I'm a fan of milk chocolate (much less healthy, I know!).

Happy belated birthday, by the way. My half birthday is on your birthday (I always liked pretending I could celebrate my half-birthday with fireworks and summertime fun since my actual day is in the middle of winter on January 4).

Love your blog - I just now stopped by and read about your family's antics in Heaven. How fun!

I'll look forward to keeping in blog touch! Thanks for the visit!

Jodee, the brunette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home