Thursday, December 27, 2007

Things that make you go "hmmmm"

Have you ever gotten a call "out of the blue" that answered a dilemma you were thinking about? Did you think to yourself, "well that was sure a coincidence" or "man, I'm sure lucky that guy called" or "what are the chances that would happen just when I was needing an answer"?

Although I don't know how to prove it, I've heard that coincidental angles in mathematical terms are angles that fit together perfectly - no accidents there.

So maybe things that appear random and just seem to "fit together perfectly" could be a result of what we are thinking about. I'm beginning to understand that that's what quantum physics is all about. There's something called the "observer effect" that causes particles to respond in the way we expect them to. Or as Wayne Dyer says, we will see something when we believe it.

I got a call yesterday like that. I got asked to be on a radio talk show today (less than 24 hours' notice) to discuss New Years Resolutions. I had just prepared that very talk for a group on December 6, and the feedback was very positive, because I didn't talk about the usual way to set resolutions, which we know rarely stick. I told the radio announcer what I planned to talk about and he was very interested. So interested, in fact, that he wants to talk with me after the show about some ideas he has for some dreams he'd like to accomplish in 2008. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I'll let you know how it goes - and I'll see if I can record the show and put it up here tomorrow. We'll talk more about 2008 then as well.

In the meantime, notice the "coincidences" that occur in your life today. Let me know what you notice!

UPDATE: The radio interview was only 3 minutes and I forgot my recorder, so it's not here. It was fun even though it was short!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home