Friday, April 04, 2008

The Power of the Master Mind

Have you ever wished you could be better at a certain task? Have you ever wondered how some people are so good at big picture thinking when you're more of a head-down person who likes to take care of details? Have you ever made yourself wrong for not being great at everything?

It might seem to be frustrating to become aware of our weaknesses, but the only real frustration happens when we dwell on those weaknesses. After all, weaknesses are only those things that make us feel weak - no judgment, just a fact.

The really great thing about recognizing that weaknesses are not a bad thing is to realize that one person's weaknesses can be translated into another person's strengths. Thus the power of the Master Mind concept.

Here in Fargo we now have a wonderful group of more than 100 people who have been involved in various master mind groups studying the Napoleon Hill classic Think and Grow Rich. From that first 10-week study, many of the groups have chosen to stay together and have studied other books or are working on projects and goals together.

We will be holding our first Meeting of the (Master) Minds on April 23 where all 105 people will be invited to come together and meet each other and exchange ideas (and maybe a cocktail!). The idea is that when we meet other like-minded individuals who are dedicated to personal and professional growth and expanded awareness, we can start to leverage each other's strengths and weaknesses so we can develop a "master mind."

I can't wait to tell you more about how our shindig goes! I'm hopeful that with that much energy and passion coming together, we will come up with some really powerful ideas for new community projects or activities or maybe even some joint business ventures.

I'll keep you posted - in the meantime, consider forming your own master mind group. Think and Grow Rich is a great foundation, and you'll find that word spreads rapidly when people start sharing their insights and their successes.

Let me know if you'd be interested in a virtual master mind group. We can use Skype or Free Conference to get together on a regular basis to create a master mind over the miles. If you're interested, please leave me your email address so I can add you to our list (I think I have 4 or 5 people just waiting for our number to get to 10, so consider joining us!).

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jodee --

I'm very interested in joining a long-distance master mind group with you. This is an answer to a request I made just about a day or two ago. You can reach me via http://www.frankbutterfield.us/contact.php (would prefer not to leave my email address out and open). Thanks so much!

Frank

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Ankur and Frank:

Thank you for finding my blog and posting your comments here! I'll be in touch, Frank, regarding the virtual mastermind group. I think with you we're up to 6 people now - I want to get to 10 so we can be sure to have a rich dialogue and experience for everyone.

Thanks again!

Jodee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home