Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What's Your Genius?

How might your work life be different if you were bringing your whole self to work every day?

If that question intrigues you at all, you'll want to be sure to experience the Genius Workshop with Dick Richards on Wednesday, June 17 in Fargo.

What is genius? It has nothing to do with IQ, and everyone has it. Richards describes it this way:


...everyone's genius is unique. Your genius can be thought of in a practical way: as the exceptional power that comes most naturally to you, as the process you undertake so spontaneously and easily that you do not notice it, and as the business in which you are engaged as a person. It can also be thought of in a mystical way: as the energy of your soul and as an answer to the question of why you exist within the human community.

Finding your genius is a way to live in alignment with yourself. It is a way to tap into the power of your unique gifts. It's about paying attention to who and how you are, and then taking action that is in alignment with that.

A key step in discovering your genius is naming it (and you'll get plenty of chances to try on various names as you go through the process). What do you do uniquely well? What do you do automatically, without even thinking about it? What are you doing when you shine?

Some examples of what others have identified include:

* Engaging the Heart
* Digging Deeper
* Pursuing Understanding
* Making it Work

And mine: Inviting Dialogue (which may be tweaked at this year's workshop!).

How FAR will you GO for Bigger Small Talk and discovering your genius? Come to FARGO in June!

Register today at www.biggersmalltalk.com.


2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Syrr said...

I understand your statement, "genius is in us all." What I don't understand is as an IQ genius(142), how to find my genius. I am very good at a lot of things. I'm extremely athletic and I am a geek. As far as a nerd, I don't feel I fit the bill, but I do love learning. The real difference I believe is I don't isolate people through knowledge, I apply it practically. I guess my question is, with all my gifts, "How can I find my true genius?" I need to separate the two. My genius by genes and my genius in life so I may find my true happiness.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Syrr: I would highly recommend this book if you're searching for your true genius. Or join us in Fargo for the Genius Workshop in June! It has helped me immensely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home